How Optipus & BMR Marketing helped Cybata rank for Data Protection and Cyber Security terms
Who are Cybata?
Based in South Wales, Cybata are Cyber Security and Data Protection Experts. They specialise in helping businesses of all shapes and sizes get to grips with managing their cyber and data risks.
They do this through a range of services including; training, elearning, audits, assessements and consultancy.
What was the brief?
The brief was fairly complex and wide-ranging.
The initial, short-term focus was on improving the technical elements of Cybata’s website.
The medium-term work would then look at adding specific new pages and content to the website to target Cybata’s desired customers. During this phase, the brief also included work on re-writing and optimising the website content.
The longer-term element of the brief looked at growing traffic, and increasing Cybata’s social and content footprint. The aim of this work would be to drive new users and increase the number of leads to Cybata’s website.
What was the SEO work carried out?
Some of the specfic works we have carried out include:
- On-page content: Re-writes of existing pages to ensure they spoke to the desired target customers, as well as including relevant keywords so that the pages had the potential to rank.
- New landing page creation: We created new, highly-targeted landing pages to help Cybata rank for their target industries and target locations.
- Minimising Website Errors: We constantly monitor and maintain the website, fixing errors and updating plugins to ensure that the website remains high in the SERPs.
- Email Campaigns: We carried out some specific marketing emails to highly-relevant people and businesses about some of the work and partnerships Cybata has been doing.
- Targeted Social Media Content & Posting: Creation of new social media content, coupled with sharing of relevant news and indistry related content.
- Regular Reporting: We update the client weekly with work updates and reporting updates to ensure that both parties know exactly what is going on.
Short-Term Reporting: Improving website rankings
When we started working with Cybata, they were not ranking for any terms outside ‘branded’ keywords.
Therefore our work (short and medium-term) included technical SEO, the rewriting the existing pages, and creating new pages specially designed to speak to Cybata’s desired customers and rank.
As you can see from the graphs, the results of our work is evident. Cybata is now ranking in the top 3 results for a number of keywords which are important to generating future sales.
Medium-Term Reporting: Rank Tracking and Page Optimisation
This phase of the work looked at cementing the postion of Cybata within SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
We consistenly monitored the prgoress and rankings of the pages and ters which we were targeting and tracked the traffic coming from them so that we could understand traffic quality.
As you can see from the graphs below. The comparison to where Cybata started is stark, and we are really pleased with the results thus far.
Over the coming months, we will update this page with the results and learnings from our longer-term work.